What is Durham Creatives?
It’s a fun programme of free workshops, practical advice and support for anyone with a creative spark who's living or working in County Durham and thinking about starting creative business. Follow this link to find out more about who we are and what inspired us.
What can we do for you?
- Taking your art, craft, writing or digital skills* and turning them into a business is a bit of a journey. Our job is to help you along the road to starting up.
- We'll create opportunities for you to try out your ideas and sell your work in the marketplace
- We’ll provide a menu of workshops you can pick from to stretch your imagination, learn business skills and hone your ideas
- We’ll connect you with networks of people who can help you take your plans forward
- We’ll work with you one-to-one to make sure you get what you need from the programme
- We’ll link you with a community of like-minded people
* Or anything else with creativity at its heart!
Looking & booking
Please take a look throught the site. The Workshop & Activities menu will tell you all about what's on offer and how to book.
For updates and e-newletters please register your contact details.
Transmit Start-Ups, in association with Creative Industry Finance, NorthStar Ventures, NBSL and Generator, is running an event on the Monday 26th January 2014 at Dance City in Newcastle.
This is the ideal chance for Creative and Digital businesses and start ups in the North East to find out about funding and support available.
The event is totally free and each of the five companies will only speak for 10 minutes, giving you five choices within an hour. Afterwards, there will be a Q&A for anyone that has any questions and a panel discussion. After that, there will be a chance to network and a free bar provided by our sponsors Ward Hadaway.
NEST Gallery in Barnard Castle warmly invites you to attend CONNECTIONS, on Thursday 31st July, 5-7pm at NeST.
This summer, 6 visual art students from The Performing and Visual Arts Magnet program of Annapolis High School in Maryland, USA have come to connect with local artists Vicky Holbrough and Nicola Parkin. Taking inspiration from, and working at both The Bowes Museum and NeST this exhibition will showcase their creative output during this time. Students and Artists will be on hand to talk to visitors about their experience and their resulting art work.
Durham Creatives is taking a summer break from 30th July to 18th August
We are taking a short break over the main holiday period to recharge our batteries and think of new and exciting events for the future
We will be launching a series of autumn events very soon and you will be able to book online but we won't be around to respond to emails or calls until 18th August but we hope to see you after the break