What is Durham Creatives?
It’s a fun programme of free workshops, practical advice and support for anyone with a creative spark who's living or working in County Durham and thinking about starting creative business. Follow this link to find out more about who we are and what inspired us.
What can we do for you?
- Taking your art, craft, writing or digital skills* and turning them into a business is a bit of a journey. Our job is to help you along the road to starting up.
- We'll create opportunities for you to try out your ideas and sell your work in the marketplace
- We’ll provide a menu of workshops you can pick from to stretch your imagination, learn business skills and hone your ideas
- We’ll connect you with networks of people who can help you take your plans forward
- We’ll work with you one-to-one to make sure you get what you need from the programme
- We’ll link you with a community of like-minded people
* Or anything else with creativity at its heart!
Looking & booking
Please take a look throught the site. The Workshop & Activities menu will tell you all about what's on offer and how to book.
For updates and e-newletters please register your contact details.
NEST Gallery in Barnard Castle warmly invites you to attend CONNECTIONS, on Thursday 31st July, 5-7pm at NeST.
This summer, 6 visual art students from The Performing and Visual Arts Magnet program of Annapolis High School in Maryland, USA have come to connect with local artists Vicky Holbrough and Nicola Parkin. Taking inspiration from, and working at both The Bowes Museum and NeST this exhibition will showcase their creative output during this time. Students and Artists will be on hand to talk to visitors about their experience and their resulting art work.
Durham Creatives is taking a summer break from 30th July to 18th August
We are taking a short break over the main holiday period to recharge our batteries and think of new and exciting events for the future
We will be launching a series of autumn events very soon and you will be able to book online but we won't be around to respond to emails or calls until 18th August but we hope to see you after the break
Creative Business Showcase This Weekend
Saturday 31st May from 10am Stanley Civic Hall (Lamplight Theatre)
Just for Women in Stanley are this weekend hosting what they hope will be the first of many events in Stanley Civic Hall showcasing local creative and vintage craft businesses
Always Remember – Never Forget
A collaborative exhibition uniting 14 of the Durham Creatives practitioners to launch Durham Art Gallery’s First World war centenary programme.
An exciting diverse and multidiciplinary exhibition which runs at the DLI from 7th June to 22nd June. For more details see the DLI Museum and Gallery website.