What is Durham Creatives?
It’s a fun programme of free workshops, practical advice and support for anyone with a creative spark who's living or working in County Durham and thinking about starting creative business. Follow this link to find out more about who we are and what inspired us.
What can we do for you?
- Taking your art, craft, writing or digital skills* and turning them into a business is a bit of a journey. Our job is to help you along the road to starting up.
- We'll create opportunities for you to try out your ideas and sell your work in the marketplace
- We’ll provide a menu of workshops you can pick from to stretch your imagination, learn business skills and hone your ideas
- We’ll connect you with networks of people who can help you take your plans forward
- We’ll work with you one-to-one to make sure you get what you need from the programme
- We’ll link you with a community of like-minded people
* Or anything else with creativity at its heart!
Looking & booking
Please take a look throught the site. The Workshop & Activities menu will tell you all about what's on offer and how to book.
For updates and e-newletters please register your contact details.
Our region has a strong history in the sector from hand-crafted work like proggy mats and quilts through to internationally known brands like Barbour. At the manufacturing level however the industry has changed enormously over a short period leaving large numbers of skilled people without work.
The demand for quality hand-craft and manufactured goods has never gone away though - in quite the opposite - and Weave is about helping rebuild connections between designers, makers and commissioners so that we can all make the most of opportunities this demand creates.
AN INSPIRATIONAL new day nursery has been launched to help give children the skills they need to reach their full musical potential.
Jane Todd, a mum-of-one with a doctorate in music, has launched Do Re Mi Day Nursery and accompanying Do Re Mi Musical Learning classes in Durham, County Durham, with the aim of helping children develop a love and understanding of music.
Last few spaces remaining on 'Build A Business at The Bowes Museum'!
Using the Museum’s fashion collections as a source of inspiration, Durham Creatives will take you through the essentials of starting a business in this vibrant and valuable sector, help you generate and shape new ideas and explore their commercial potential.
This week Durham Creatives have once again teamed up with Beamish to offer two fantastic events perfectly designed for the early-stage fashionista entrepreneur:
24th September/ 10-am-4pm - Design A Workwear Collection at Beamish
25th September/ 10am-1pm - Earn From Textile Heritage Skills
You are welcomed to come along to the 2013 Stone Festival in The Bowes Museum, Barnard Castle.
The Stone Festival, which is already underway, will be running in the grounds of The Bowes Museum from the 21st-29th September and will be celebrating the past, present and future of stonework in the North Pennines, a programme of walks, talks and courses has been planned to reflect the impact that stone has on the local landscape.